The Muffin Mission 6.0

Week 6

This week I am back on track with the muffin mission. And returning to my last idea, I kept on the idea of incorporating coconut into a recipe. So, I looked online and found a lemon coconut muffin recipe and thought I would give it a go. The hardest part is always grating a fresh lemon because it usually takes me so long! After grating the lemon rind all there was left was to combine the other ingredients. Unfortunately, I ended up not having any lemon flavoring (which the recipe called for) so I learned a valuable lesson. To double check the recipe and the ingredients before starting any baking process. Since, I was missing this extra lemon flavor power, the muffins ended up lacking strong lemon flavor so that was a bit disappointing. I will definitely not forget to double check ingredients any time soon. The coconut in these muffins was amazing though, so that made up for my lemon mistake.

Even though I missed an ingredient, they ended up looking pretty good!

For next week’s venture, I am going to the opposite end of the scale and will look for some chocolaty goodness to incorporate into a muffin!